- Discuss: Syllabus and Course Overview (online)
- Tech: Google, Wikipedia
- Discuss: Wikipedia Project and Book Assignments
- Read: "The Story of Jumping Mouse" HERE.
- Sign-in to Blogger using the "Sign-in" function above and to the right.
- Use the "Reply" function at the bottom of this post to respond to the question. Please sign your response with your full name.
- Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator (handout, questions only). We will score it and complete the graph in class.
- Tech: Google and Wikipedia Set-up. Directions are HERE.
- Free Write, List, & Discussion: My Favorite Book(s). If you do not read a) do not tell me and b) choose a game, tv show or movie.
- Lecture: Children's Literature Introduction
- Lecture: Symbolism
- Read and Annotate: "Jumping Mouse" (online as directed). After reading straight through once, reread looking for symbols and symbolic actions. Do not do the "work" the first time through. Enjoy the first reading then read for content--symbols (important things or images) and symbolic actions (important events). Take some time to think about these different styles and aims of reading.
- Discuss: "Water Lilies" and/or "Jumping Mouse"
- Lecture: Psychology and Literature
- Wiki Project: Overview and Book Assignments
- HW Lecture: Fiction Basics (homework, on your own)
- HW Read and Annotate: "Little Red Riding Hood" stories (handouts)
The Weekly Schedule
- Lecture and Discussion.
- Wikipedia Project.